River Road The street of Remedies

Meg :Harakisha manze! Hii Street ni wrong number!
Self :Niko nyuma siste , relax, niko rada mbaya!
Our bags held tightly,eyes on the look, we hurrying past the Nairobi's river road, a bustling area with a reputation for prostitution, selling of substandard goods, black-market, a poor reputation for security. It's near major matatu stops in the city therefore draws all kinds of people. Clearly with this in mind, so vivid, we are walking really fast, look at us, panting so hard, like right now, trust me, oxygen is least of our worries. My bag still so close to me, you don't wanna know how closer my phone is. Eyes still fixed on the destination, which is get the hell out of this very congested, full of misplaced buildings and stifling crowds of million businesses of all kinds. A woman holds Meg's hand saying, 'Hey, listen I can get rid of all those black spots on your face, look at you, I can solve your problem, I have breast enlarging creams, your colour too, so, disgusting, I can lighten your complexion!' This brings us to a  halt. I burst out with lots of laughter, this is rib cracking, I mean, how could someone just say that, am laughing at Meg. I soon realize  a frown on her face and my laughter slows in an awkward moment. The path is filled with sellers who are all women and know how to hustle, they are brash and aggressive, standing outside and whispering and hissing at women who pass by to entice into their shops. She drags us inside and we decide to see it for ourselves,leave alone the rumors. Wooow! Every woman you pass by has this carrot like complexion, so soft, skin so clean, ya mtoto kando !!! I think I want to just touch the skin or the chubby soft cheeks and giggle, you know . looking around, there are lightening creams, body fitness creams. This cracks me up, when a pumpum lady walks to the store complaining how she used the herbal tea bags, took the 'loosing weight pills' but she gained weight instead. This is the haven place for toxic skin lightening treatments such as those used by VD, famous vera sidika. I swear if you see how the women in here look, you'd hate yourself. These are backstreet beauticians, promising clients to look six years younger and fifty shades lighter, haha. They have creams for all sizes, getting you hips and curves, lol.Turning the skinny bitches into BBW!Butt and Breast cream pills. Hair growth oils. Their prices are quite expensive, I wouldn't say it's for the common mwananchi, haha,especially not Meg. We are surprised to the core. All this that River Road Street has to offer! Of course we are not to buy, can I call it window shopping,as we walk out. Oh no! A heavily made up woman unwraps a syringe with pink cream and prescribes to her customer, 'You must use only a small amount, otherwise you can become an albino, this is strong stuff!' She says as she pricks her skin. She is clearly the team light skin but not contented, she wants more and the she in pain,. Look at her.......

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. River Road The street of Remedies,,,,, lots of women heading there for their treatments,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manze ata the aging wanna look like the sweet sixteen, like we, where's the world going today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unaonea meg aki hahahaa
    Niiiceee piece na izo vitu ni ukweli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Meg namchapia tu re-al .Ni experience true

      Delete
  4. Hahaha River Road... wanna see ur face rynna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaaa I was really laughing Hahaa especially at Meg. Awesome article

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats so nyc am loving this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article Terry..i got the whole picture in mind...

    ReplyDelete